- 500 gr organic chicken livers
- 1 onion diced
- 3 slices of bacon (optional)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 250gr organic butter
- 100 ml of white wine (optional)
- Herbs such as rosemary, thyme, tarragon, or parsley (optional)
- Heat 50 gr of butter in pan; add onion garlic and sauté for 1 minute add bacon and livers sauté till opaque. Add herbs if selected. Add white wine and reduce to just a moist consistency. Let cool.
- Transfer to blender, add remaining butter and blend till smooth.
- Transfer to glass container and refrigerate.
- Additional melted butter can be drizzled over the top to preserve color and help to keep the pate from forming a skin on top.
Try it on toast for breakfast (makes better brain food than honey on toast and most kids love it provided you don’t tell them what it’s made from!). It also makes a great mid afternoon snack with some raw organic carrot and celery sticks.
Adapted from Energy Coaching Institute